Monday, June 2, 2014

Life Is Good!

I always like to try different things with my scrapbooking. Lately I've been trying to include more of my handwriting on my pages. I dont particularly like my handwriting but I love the unique and special effect it brings to a page. So as well as hand journalling around the entire edge of my page I also hand wrote the title. 

I started with a white page that I covered with gesso. Then I painted and splattered yellow and orange Dylusions ink sprays to create the background.
Once it was dry I journalled around the edge using a black SMASH* pen. After considering my photo and embellishment placement I added a variety of arrow stamps across the page and below my photo. The stamps I used were the Kellie Stamps "Oh Yeah" wood mount stamp; and the arrows from the Hello Arrows stamp set. I also added the date using a Pebbles roller date stamp - I actually have lots of roller date stamps but this simple one is my favourite!! 

At this point I also painted my title. I practiced a lot on scrap paper but it never works out quite like you intend it to - that makes it unique right!! I used black gouache paint mixed with water. This paint mix was also good to splatter across my page.   
Next was the fun part - embellishing with lots of D-lish Scraps yumminess! I added yellow Forget Me Notsa white Cherry Blossomlarge orange wild rose, apricot Hand dyed muslin, orange Hand-Dyed Seam Binding, yellow cabachon Resin Flower, and yellow Resin Butterflies, and some Freckled Fawn enamel dew drops
I also added an Amy Tangerine flair and twine from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

No comments: