Monday, June 23, 2014

Slip-n-Slide Fun!

I've been experimenting with lots of different kinds of watercolour backgrounds. Trying different ways to apply the paints/mists and with varying amounts of water. I've also started using clear gesso instead of white gesso. Often white gesso dries to an off-white colour on your page which isn't always what you want. The clear gesso is also much grainier/rougher to feel once dry.

For this page I first covered the paper with clear gesso and let it dry. I like to do a few pages at a time so you always have a page ready to work with. I sprayed my paper with water, then added drops of coloured mist (I used a blue, green and yellow from the Tattered Angels chalkboard range) from a bottle (unscrew the nozzle and add drops from the inside tube). Then I used a wet paintbrush to spread some of the colour and more water spray to disperse. Some drops I just left as is. Play around until you are happy with the result then let it dry. I find it best to let each colour dry before you add another colour. 
The papers I have used are from the Studio Calico Printshop collection - fun cool summery colours perfect for this layout! 
I've used some amazing and fun embellishments from D-lish Scraps: Freckled Fawn heart wood veneer and enamel dew drops, white blue and green bitty bloomsand Pinkfresh hearts, arrows, and envelope Colourblock Wood Veneers, and a chevron Journal Spot.
I've also used a heap of stamps from Kellie Stamps: the 2014 Summer Fun stamp set, the Shapes stamp set, and the 2013 Summer set. I added the date using a Pebbles roller date stamp. I created a title using KaiserCraft alphas.
Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Karyn your layouts are amazing and so inspiring and every time I see you blog them, I just want to go and splatter ink and play with a scrap page, amazing!