Monday, June 30, 2014

Believe in the Magic of a Dream!

I love creating backgrounds on white paper. I particularly love using mists and sprays but these can get messy and difficult to do when you have a small workspace. So I decided to try creating my background with just stencils, stamps and inks. Wow, I just love the result!!
I took my colour inspiration for this page from my photo - of my gorgeous daughter Rachael! So I stuck with a green, black and white colour scheme. After considering my photo placement and general page layout I selected 3 different green inkpads and used these with a selection of Heidi Swapp, Prima, and Studio Calico stencils. I then used a range of stamps from Prima and Kaisercraft and a black ink pad.   
I matted a number of KaiserCraft papers under my photo and on the edges and I used KaiserCraft alphas for the title. I journalled around the entire edge of the page - love this look!
Then it was time to add lots of embellishments from D-lish Scraps. Around the photo I added a white Cherry Blossomgreen bitty blooms, green Polka Dot Heart Button, Journal it Tabblack cabachon Resin Flower, black Resin heart, a green sequin bowgreen coloured wire, and Freckled Fawn Wood Chips hearts.
In the bottom left corner I added green bitty bloomsgreen coloured wireblack polkadot buttona white Forget Me Not, and Pinkfresh Navajo arrows Colourblock Wood Veneers.

Across the page I've added some green heart mini sequins. I like to scatter the sequins across the page (to give a random look) and dot glue next to them, then I use a Clever Sequin Pick-up Pencil to place the sequins on the glue - easy.

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

1 comment:

Peg said...

That wire is so cool, love your page!!