Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Do You Like to eat Cannelloni?

When I initially started blogging it was all about my crafty life. I really enjoy reading about other aspects of my crafty friends lives - what they have been doing, other interests and hobbies, what they are reading of eating. So, I'm going to try and post about some of these things myself. I have been inspired by the lovely Kellie Winnell and in particular her "20 things to blog about" post here.

So today I'm sharing a recipe for Cannelloni. This is a recipe that my daughter Rachael came up with and she loves to cook it for us ... Yum!!
Ingredients:
200g dry cannelloni shells
200g feta cheese cut into 
250g ricotta
100g baby spinach - chopped finely
500g jar pasta sauce
2 cups water
Method:
- Add the chopped feta, ricotta, and chopped baby spinach to a bowl and mix well.
- Push the 1-2 tablespoons of the chess mixture into the cannelloni shells - using your fingers is best!
- lay the shells in a single layer in a large lasagna dish.
- pour the jar of pasta sauce over the cannelloni
- pour 2 cups of water gently over the top
- bake for 50 minutes in a preheated 180degC oven   
I did intend on taking more progress photos but I forgot - by the time I remembered there was hardly any left lol!

This is a popular family meal in our house :)

Thanks for stopping by
Hugs xx Karyn

No comments: