Monday, July 16, 2018

Alcohol Ink Birthday Cards - With Scrapping Clearly!

Hi Lovelies!!

Today I have some cards to share with you made using alcohol inks and Yupo paper available in the Scrapping Clearly Store.
Yupo paper is a kind of "plastic" paper which is great for using with Alcohol inks. I have tried using gloss paper but the inks dry much faster and absorb some of the ink so you get different results. 

I started by cutting down my Yupo paper to card size (14cm x 10cm) so It was more manageable. Then I added a heap of drops of my first ink. the ink spreads out across the paper giving interesting and unique effects. When this was somewhat dry I added drops of a second colour, then a third colour. Lastly I added some drops of blending solution(removes the colour), then drops of a silver mixative. It is all about experimenting - you can keep adding as you like, there are no rules! 
 
Once it was thoroughly dry (did take a few hours) I diecut some white elements to go on my card fronts as well as diecutting a geometric heart from one of the finished sheets.

Here are the finished cards. The alcohol ink designs make perfect backgrounds dont they!! I just added some flowers and a simple stamped Happy birthday sentiment.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by 
Crafty Hugs xx

Karyn

No comments: