Monday, April 30, 2018

More Art Journalling - With Scrapping Clearly!

Today I have some Art Journal pages to share with you, made using lots of fun products available in the Scrapping Clearly Store.

A few weeks ago I shared some pages made with Dylusions paints. Well, today I'm using Dina Wakley paints. l love paints, and I seem to need to have to buy complete ranges of ALL paints haha!! Well, then new DWM paints came out - so I had to order them all. I actually like the smaller sized bottles. I find they are easier to use. Also I have had trouble with a number of lids on the larger tubes - they either dont seal properly or start to break off and then the paint thickens.

Anyways, for this first page I was inspired by the gorgeous and talented Lisa Oxley to use black paint, and to remove colour using a stencil.
I've started by adding some strips of book paper to my page with gel medium, then applying white gesso to pages in my my Small Dylusions journal. Then I added Magenta, Sky, lime, and white Dina Wakley paints. Once this was dry I added black DWM paint across my page, then placed down a triangles stencil and used a baby wipe to remove the paint - cool huh!. 
Next I added a few more stencils (corn cob) with different coloured paints (using a sponge), then some stamps. 

I added some marks and splats with watered down black and white paints put in a Fineline bottle. I put 2 parts paint with 1 part water - but best to add the paint first then add water a bit at a time until you get the right consistency. If it is too think it wont come out of the fine nozzle. This is great to use to scribble on your page!!  
I drew a few birds on my page with the white Fineliner bottle. I'm not much of an artist but are happy with these quick and rustic birds :) Lastly I added some Tim Holtz small talk stickers.  
 
Of course I needed to do another art journal page - this time using the new DWM paints (to justify buying them lol!
Again I started by adding some strips of book paper to my page with gel medium, then applying white gesso to pages in my my Small Dylusions journal. Then I added the new Sedona, Peacock, Olive, Marine, Eggplant, and Buff Dina Wakley paints. Once this was dry I added black DWM paint across my page. Next it was time to play with adding marks using paint/paintbrush, and my white Fineliner bottle. Lastly I added some Tim Holtz small talk stickers and a stamp from the Dina Wakley "Gal Quotes" stamp set.
Thanks so much for stopping by 
Crafty Hugs xx

Karyn

No comments: