Friday, February 27, 2015

Strike A Pose - with Paper House Productions!

Today I'm sharing my first project as part of the Paper House Productions design team. 

I've made a scrapbook page using a paper pad from their extensive range and some Cork'd embellishments. 

I started my page by firstly selecting the photos I wanted to use. These photos are of Jessica posing for the camera when she received a medal for her reading :) I usually only use 1 or 2 photos on a page but these 4 just had to be kept together.
I then selected some coordinating papers to use (Green Thumb paper pad) and these Cork'd embellishments (Picture Perfect cork stickers) were perfect!

After deciding on the basic layout of the page I made my own background using watercolors. I love to do this on most of my projects and it is an easy way to coordinate and personalise any paper. I've used yellow, orange and a light blue in this background.  

Sometimes I will gesso my page first (using either white or clear gesso) but this time I have not and just used water sparingly - this makes the colors more vibrant :)  
I love to journal directly on my page. I dont really like my handwriting but I do love the personalised look. 

The strip along the bottom of my page was made by cutting a 1" strip from one of the pages of the paper pad, tearing it in half lengthwise, then attaching it. You cant even see the join in the center (it was a 6x6 pad). 
The word Cork'd stickers were perfect to use as a title. I also made my own flair using some of the patterned paper from the pad. 
I love to use a roller date stamp to add the date to my layouts.
I cut the paper into strips to make my layout - a great way to use paper economically or to use up all those bits of left-over papers.
Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

No comments: