Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Get Messy Art Journal - Week 1!

One of my goals for this year is to do more Art Journalling. I heard about the Get Messy Art Journal program/challenge and decided to sign up (costs US$25). "Get Messy" aims to motivate and inspire Art Journaler's to regularly create and share their work within a community. There are weekly prompts and challenges - just the motivation I needed. 

I decided to do my art journalling in a SMASH* folio (I love these). I've used the purple Cutesy Style SMASH* folio. The pages are already patterned but I think that adds to the art journalling and I can always gesso over if I want to. I had already decorated the cover of this journal with mists, paints, glitter, stamps, paper and stencils.
On the first page I included the "let's get messy" printable. I've also used some gesso, paints, stamps and washi. 
On the LHS of this page is another printable. On the RHS is a quote I found that I related to as part of one of the challenges. Many of the challenges allow for extensive journalling. I didnt feel up to that at this point so I compromised with a quote. 
I've done a lot of watercolouring on the background of these 2 pages, and again included relevant quotes. I'm working on my handwriting with a paintbrush. It's always fun to include a few stamps (these are from Kellie Stamps).
On this page I've doodled a continuous pattern across my page, and I've attached a heap of cinema tickets using washi. These movies are all ones I've seen with my daughter Rachael - mother daughter time!
I was on such a roll with the art journalling that I did another page where I stuck movie tickets to the page then lightly covered with gesso. I added a quote, some washi and I used my gelatos around the edge of the page and to roughly colour parts of the page.
I'm looking forward to more art journalling. All of this was done in 1 afternoon. My mantra is to just do it, dont overthink it, and to remember that there are NO mistakes :)

Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All of your pages are fabulous! I especially love the pages with the movie tickets. I always find it so much fun to go with my daughter too.