Monday, May 19, 2014

Girlfriends!

Over the last 12 months or so many of my gorgeous and amazing girlfriends have turned 40. I've made special keepsakes for each of them. This was the most recent gift I made for my friend Lisa - a scrapbook page in a frame. I just love White on black layouts and this is the third variant I have made.

The photo was taken at my friend Sharyn's 40th. The theme was red and formal! We were all wearing red but for this project I decided to print out the photo in b/w. 
I started by adding some large white paint splats (process described in detail here) and some little spatters. 
Once this had all dried I added my embellishments - all from D-lish ScrapsOn the bottom right corner I added a white Forget Me Nota white Cherry Blossoma white mini PVC doiliea punched tag stamped with a roller date stamp, and some white embroidery thread.

In the bottom corner of the photo I've added white Forget Me Nota white mini PVC doilie, and a flower from the All That Glitters Just Add Paper kit, as well as a charm and white embroidery thread from my stash.

I've used some silver coloured wire to make this gorgeous "girl friends" title for my page. I like to write out my title on paper first then you can easily bend the wire following the shape of your writing.

I've also added some silver star mini sequins and clear sequins. I like to scatter the sequins across the page (to give a random look) and dot glue next to them, then I use a Clever Sequin Pick-up Pencil to place the sequins on the glue - easy.

In the top corner I've added another white Forget Me Not, more embroidery thread and sequins.

I just love how this turned out - I will have to make another one for myself :)

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Oh this is just gorgeous Karyn!