Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Mini Canvas Nameplates - With Imaginarium Designs!

Today I'm sharing 2 mini canvas nameplates made using lots of gorgeous Imaginarium Designs chipboard. The theme for the DT this month is "canvas". I dont often do canvas projects but I had these small canvas boards (10cmx10cm) and wanted to try some mini creations :)

Here are some step by stem photos of my creative process. I started by selecting the chipboard I wanted to use on each canvas and gluing it down. Then I applied white gesso over the entire canvas.
Next I mixed a bit of each of my Lindy's "Drop Dead Diva" Magicals into a palate and added water - so I could apply to my canvas with a brush. I applied with a brush first to get the overall effects I was after then I also added some Magicals direct to the canvas in places. 
Here is the finished first step with the painting. Once this had dried I added some flowers and painted these as well.
Once it was all dry again I added some stamping and used a black gelato to define the edges. I also added some black and white paint splatters with my Posca paint pens (I wish i hadn't done this actually!!). 

Here are some photos of the finished canvases! 


 
 
 

Imaginarium Designs chipboard I've used includes 

Denises flourish 1 medium and small: Code IDD0002 and IDD0003
capital letters : code IDAUC0001
Lower case letters : Code IDALC0001
brackets on oval : code IDT0022
 
 4 small butterflies: Code IDT0014
Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

No comments: