Saturday, May 7, 2016

NSD Cybercrop - With Scrapping Clearly!

Hi Lovelies!

Today Scrapping Clearly are having a cybercrop in celebration of National Scrapbooking Day. They have a range of challenges and heaps of prizes. If you enter all of the challenges you could be eligible to win Queen of the crop and win a 12" MINC - can you believe it!!

There are 6 challenges and I've provided the inspiration for Challenge #4 - to create a layout using stencils. 

See the Scrapping Clearly facebook group here for all the details on other challenges and entry deteils.   
There are so many ways you can use stencils. you can use them with inks, paints or sprays. You can trace around them with a pencil or marker, you can use them with texture paste. You can spray them on one side then "stamp" the reverse side onto you paper for the negative image (and to use up all the spray left behind!).

I cant wait to see how you all use stencils! 

For my layout I've used a photo of my cutie girls and created a grungy, arty background using stencils and Dylusions ink sprays.
I've used a sheet of White/Marshmallow heavy weight cardstock for my background - I just love this cardstock, nice and thick and perfect for mixed media projects. 

I've used a few different stencils (you can easily mix and match whatever you have in your collection) on my background. Here you can see a few of the stencil patterns. I firstly sprayed over the stencil with a single colour then flipped the stencil over and stamped it across my page until most of the spray was used. Then I got another stencil and repeated with a different colour.
I matted my photo on a patterned paper scrap and black cardstock to separate it from the background
This section of the background has lots of negative "stamps" from the stencils - I love the random patterns you get using this method (and there is no ink wasted). 

I've also added some stencil patterns using texture paste - it is a subtle effect (that is hard to see in the photo) but it all adds to the overall effect. I've also used a black pencil to gently draw around many of these textured stencil patterns.
Lastly I've added some stamps to my page and some chipboard embellishments. The wire mesh chipboard was painted using black gesso. The other chipboard was first painted in white gesso then Dylusions ink sprays were painted on.
Scrapping Clearly products I've used include

Marshmallow heavy weight cardstock 
Dylusions ink sprays 
The Crafters Workshop stencils  
KaiserCraft #me acrylic stamps 
Heidi Swapp abc black glitter thickers  
Pink Paislee "Cedar Lane" gold glitter paper arrows
  
I've also used some Imaginarium Designs chipboard  embellishments.

I print my photos on an Epson XP-600 printer

Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

No comments: