Thursday, May 19, 2016

Cards for Girls - With Imaginarium Designs!

My last share for Imaginarium Designs was a set of 4 masculine cards. Today I have a set of 4 girly cards to share - made using lots of gorgeous Imaginarium Designs chipboard

I thought I would also include a little step by step to show my card making process. 

The first thing I do is to lay out my card bases and decide what chipboard to use on each card. Whenever I make 1 card I always try and make 3-4 using similar techniques and colours.  
Next I prepare my chipboard. In this case I paint a layer of white gesso over the chipboard - so the colours will stand out. 
Then I've painted the chipboard using the colours I've chosen for my cards - in this case pink, blue and purple Dylusions ink sprays. 
Here are all my finished chipboard embellishments. 
Next I work on my cards. I've cut out additional card fronts using watercolour paper. Then I've sprayed with the Dylusion ink sprays (blue and purple). While the ink was still wet I flicked water on the page, then I used paper towel to dab off the excess. Then I sprayed water through 2 different stencils and again used a paper towel to dab off excess.
Once everything is thoroughly dry I put the cards together.    
There are the two pink/purple cards - I've also added some rhinestone bling!! 
These are closeups of the two blue/purple cards. I think this one is my favourite - and the "Happy Birthday" chipboard is one if my all time favourites too!!  
I love the effect on this background - gorgeous! 
Imaginarium Designs chipboard I've used includes 

Lou's heart shapes : code IDDL0015

Denises flourish 1 small : code IDDD0003

8 butterflies : code IDS0003

2 dragonflies : code IDS0078

Flourish 1 : code IDFL0001

Happy Birthday To You : code IDP0127

Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

No comments: