Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Masculine Cards - With Imaginarium Designs!

Each month with Imaginarium Designs we have a theme for one of our projects and this month the theme is "Cards/Tags". I've created a set of 4 masculine cards using lots of gorgeous Imaginarium Designs chipboard.
Whenever I need to make a card I try and make 3-4 of a similar style - using similar colours and techniques. I never have enough boys cards so I used blue, black and green colours on my background. 

For the first 2 cards I chose 3 Dylusions ink sprays (2 blue and black colours) and I sprayed randomly across the card. While it was still wet I flicked water on the page, then I used paper towel to dab off the excess. Then I sprayed water through 2 different stencils and again used a paper towel to dab off excess. I also sprayed black ink through a stencil, then flipped the stencil over and "stamped" it randomly on the card to use up the excess ink.

I sprayed the chipboard with black ink so it would be a feature and stand out on the card. Lastly I attached some twine and a sentiment. 
 
For these next 2 cards I chose blue, green and black Dylusions ink sprays and I sprayed randomly across the card. I then used the same tecniques of flicking water on the card and spraying water through a stencil then dabbing off the excess with paper towel. I love the grungy and random look of these backgrounds. Perfect for masculine and teenage projects.
I played around with spraying different colours and using stencils on the chipboard embellishments but was preferred the look when they were just a matt black. I've added some glossy accents on the present chipboards for some variation.
Imaginarium Designs chipboard I've used includes

4 presents on board : code IDT0008
Loolabelles circular cross hatch : code IDD0025
Loolabelles nested arrows : code IDDL0018
Stars board : code IDT0036
Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

No comments: