Saturday, September 9, 2017

Handmade Clutch - With Scrapping Clearly!

Today I have a different kind of project to share with you. Its a clutch bag. Made using lots of painty goodness available in the  Scrapping Clearly Store.

I made this for Rachael for her 16th birthday, and I have many more plans for one for myself and Jessica :)
I start with some canvas (purchased from Spotlight (I recommend buying the best quality one) and I cut a piece approx 30cm x 53cm. You can use whatever size you like. You can always cut it down. 

I've used Dina Wakley paints (Tangerine, turquoise, lime, sky, blackberry violet, magenta, lemon) to paint the background.
I like to use a silicone brush for my painting - it is so much easier to clean between colours!! The canvas soaks in the colour so be prepared to use plenty of paint!
I used the KaiserCraft mini designer templates dots and dashes with Dylusions black marble paint, and KaiserCraft mini designer templates bubbly with Dylusions calypso teal paint to add another layer of painty interest.

Next I added some Bo Bunny gold glitter paste in places, and I used my white Posca paint pen to draw some dash patterns and then to add some splatters. Lastly I watered down some Dylusions black paint and added splatters across the canvas.
I let this dry thoroughly over night then cut it down to the shape of the clutch. I chose an angled clutch front because I already had an clear plastic case this size. In the future I would like to make my own custom plastic case.  
I chose some purple cotton for the lining and cut to the same size then stitched around the edge 
Here is the finished product - I love it!! Now I want to try different colours and I need more of those yummy Bo Bunny glitter pastes!!
Scrapping Clearly products I've used include 

Dina Wakley paints (Tangerine, turquoise, lime, sky, blackberry violet, magenta, lemon
KaiserCraft mini designer templates - dots and dashes, and bubbly
Dylusions Paint - black marble and calypso teal
Bo Bunny Glitter Paste - gold
Posca Paint pens - white  

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

No comments: