Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Be You!

A few weeks ago D-lish Scraps had a weekend cybercrop (see the Scrap Suite facebook group here) with 5 awesome challenges. I havent participated in an online challenge for ages, mainly because previously I've been involved in setting the challenges, and it was so much fun participating. There was so much awesome inspiration and so many enthusiastic participants. 

One if the challenges I did was "to use the colour purple in your project with the added twist of purple flowers". And here is my page.

The photo of Rachael was taken on my phone. She took a selfie then made it the wallpaper so I see it every time I look at my phone. It is one of my favourite photos of her :)

I started by spraying lime green, turquoise and purple Dylusions inks on white cardstock (that had been primed with clear gesso), I held the page up so the mist would run. The lime green wasnt as vibrant as I would have liked - it tended to muddy with the purple. I also splattered each of these inks across the page for extra interest.
Once the page was thoroughly dry I added lots of D-lish Scraps embellishments - mainly from the "simply fabulous" just add paper kit - I just love the "journal its minifetti word sheet".

Being a Wednesday it is also "Currently Creative Link-up" over on Kellie's Blog - Check it out for lots of amazing creative inspiration.

Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx

No comments: