Monday, March 31, 2014

SMASH*ing 2014!

At the start of this year I decided against doing a SMASH* Journal for 2014. I was so far behind with my 2013 journal and it all just seemed to get too hard and too much. But then last week I sat down and looked at my journals for 2012 and 2013 and I knew I had to do one. 

I'm keeping this journal much simpler than many of my past journals. Firstly I usually spend way too much time on each page and also when I use too many papers and embellishments the book gets so fat and difficult to work with. 

I chose the Tasty SMASH* folio to use - I love the quirky pages and colours and with many of my photos being about food it was the perfect choice! I'm including a calendar of our monthly activities, and I am doing 6 pages per month. 

On these pages I've showcased stamps from the Kellie Stamps March release the Cozy and Magical stamp sets.
I've also used elements from a Studio Calico Ephemera Pack and Dear Lizzy diecuts.

Thanks for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

4 comments:

Kellie said...

WOW Karyn not only are your pages amazing but BOY were you busy!

Lizvette said...

Simple and so beautiful.

SweetPea said...

Where do you get your calendar?

Karyn S said...

SweetPea, I made the calendar myself in MS Word :)