Friday, January 3, 2014

At The Beach!

I just love Christmas!! But I will have to admit that after the rush of the big day and all the related SMASH*ing and scrapping I really enjoy doing some non-Christmas crafting. It is summer time here in Australia so fresh summery paper colours are very refreshing! As I'm typing this post it is new years eve and about 35degC outside. I can hear my youngest daughter squeeling with delight as she plays in the paddle pool outside.

This is the last month of Lime Tart kits as the store will close down and the end of January. I just love this store and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on their design team working with an amazing group of ladies. But we are certainly going out with a bang and the range of January kits is gorgeous!

I've used the January '14 half tart kit from Lime Tart for this layout. I've gone with a circle theme for this beach page. I started with a background of white cardstock that I sprayed with a blue chalkboard mist and used a Prima circles mask.
 I used my Big Shot to cut a heap of different sized circles from a selection of the patterned papers in the kit. I clustered a range of the circles and a paper doilie (also sprayed with the blue mist)  underneath my photos and added some strips of paper as well. I added another strip of patterned paper across the bottom of the page as well as more circles in the top left and bottom right.
There are some gorgeous label stickers in the kit so I added one at the bottom for some journalling. Some of the patterned papers lend themselves to fussy cutting so I did this for the "and this was the best part" label. I added some alphas from a previous kit for the title and used a gorgeous blue sequin arrow from this kit (there are 3 blue and 3 black in the kit - yummy!). I then dotted lots of blue pearls over some of the smaller misted circles. 
In addition to the Jan'14 Half Tart kit from the Lime Tart store I've used Stampin' Up! white cardstock; Studio Calico wood veneer flowers, diamonds and boat; Pebbles roller date stamp; D-lish Scraps Motex tape writer and blue tape; October Afternoon Woodland Park button; APOCD flair; and white paper doilie, from my stash. I also added some polaroid diecuts made using my Cameo.

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

1 comment:

Kellie said...

WOW Karyn this is absolutely gorgeous!