Thursday, September 19, 2013

We Are Happy!

Last week I gave a bit of an introduction as to what SMASH*ing means to me and I showed you how I added interest to a plainer SMASH* page using paints. This week the foundation SMASH* page I used was quite the opposite - it was super busy!

I didn't take a photo of the page before I started but hopefully you can see well enough. This was probably one of the busiest SMASH* pages I've come across - but that is what I just love about using SMASH* folios. Every page is different. Some are plainer with just some grid lines, other pages are white with images and words, others are simply coloured, and some are works of art that I don't want to cover at all! Some people prefer to completely cover a page they don't like, some people rip it out, but I like to go with the flow and work with it - let the quirkiness shine through!

Today's SMASH* page is made using the gorgeous September '13 Gourmet Tart kit from Lime Tart. It contains a photo of my amazing hubby and I at brunch one day :)


The page is in my 365 SMASH* folio. I've added some white paper doilies underneath my photo and embellishments to separate them from the busy background. I've used a heap of the Crate Paper Party Day die-cuts and MME label stickers from the kit on this page.


Finally, I've added a paperclip, flower, wood veneers, tag, bag & twine from my stash and used some stamps and date stamp.


In addition to the Gourmet Tart kit I've used Studio Calico chevron and camera wood veneers; a Prima flower; Freckled Fawn heart wood veneer; Give A Girl A Stamp "we are happy" stamp from the Currently mini stamp set; Stampin' Up! ink; Pebbles roller date stamp; and a paper-clip, tag, bag, twine and doilie from my stash.

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

3 comments:

Sar said...

I love this! Your detail matches the page beautifully x

Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff Karyn!!! I think you made this busy page look super cool :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.