Thursday, April 2, 2020

Tag Journal - With Scrapping Clearly!

Hi Lovelies!!

Today I have an tag journal to share with you made using the Art-By-Marlene tag kit and other Art-by-Marlene products available in the Scrapping Clearly Store


When it comes to art journalling I just love Art-by-Marlene products. They are so fun and quirky and are amazing quality and unique. 

Kylie sent the Art-By-Marlene tag kit as part of my recent DT kit - it is amazing!!


Here is a photo of what is inside the box. You get plenty of tags (enough for 2 or 3 journals), plain washi of 2 different widths (the wide one for the outside spine, the narrow one for joining tags together on the inside), a metal die, and a decorative elastic and embellishment. Even if you are not into tags you will want this kit for the die!!

For my journal I've used 6 tags. I first join each of the tags together on the inside with the narrow washi.


Next I add the wide washi along the outer spine, then I've added a strip of Art-By-Marlene collage paper 5 cut with the die from inside the kit. This die creates a pattern like builders tape (some call it punchinella) and it is perfect for tearing into smaller pieces and adding you your projects.  


Using the new Art-By-Marlene Borders cutting die I have diecut more of the paper from the Art-By-Marlene collage paper 5.

 
Next I stamped lots of fishes from the Dina Wakley Media Scribbly fishes stamp set. I thought I would use these on each of my tag pages. 
 

Now that I'm ready with all my goodies to use on my pages I started creating. I added some colour to the cover using Art-By-Marlene watercolour pan paints - Bold and Bright. I also used these paints and some colour pencils to colour one of the fish images.
 

Next I added torn strips of Art-By-Marlene washi and some pops of bright neon paint to the background.
 

Lastly I added some Art-By-Marlene stickers, doodling with a Fude ball pen and ribbons. Here is my finished cover.
 

For the inside of my tag journal I decided to create each page opening in a predominantly single colour (monochromatic), taken from the colours along the spine. So the first pages were lime-green in colour. I used the Art-By-Marlene watercolour pan paints - Bold and Bright and let the paint drip up and down the page.
 

Next  I added stencilling using an Art-By-Marlene stencil and coordinating colour ink.
 

Then I added stamping using the new Art-By-Marlene Exclusive textures stamp set.
 

Lastly I added painted scribbly fish stamped images, Art-By-Marlene stickers, doodling with a Fude ball pen and ribbons.
 

Here is my finished pages.
 

Next time I will show more pages in my Art-By-Marlene tag journal.

Thanks so much for stopping by 

Crafty Hugs xx


No comments: