Sunday, September 12, 2021

Inhale Exhale - With Bee Arty!

 Hi Lovelies!

Today I have an art journal page to share with you made using lots of fun products available from Bee Arty
 
 
I've been enjoying doing gel printing lately so I thought I would play around with Colour Artist inks and a small circle gel plate. I tried applying the ink direct to the gel plate but wasn't getting the effect I was after. I also tried mixing the ink with white gesso but the colour was too muted so I tried mixing it with a soft gloss gel. I used a paint palate to mix each of the colour separately with gel (grass, lime, citrus Colour Artist Ink) then I applied it to the plate.

 
 I had precut white cardstock to approx 4"x4" squares and I created a series of prints - the darkest print coming from the first, then second and third (I didn't add any more coloured gel to the plate between prints). I love the variation they give.
 
 
Once the prints were dry I drew citrus shapes using white and black Life Of Colour pens. I cut out the citrus shapes to use on my page. The print in the top left corner is from inks only on the plate, the bottom print is inks mixed with white gesso, the top right is ink mixed with soft gloss gel. I used some of the prints to punch other sized circles as well.

 
Now on to creating my art journal page. I'm using a cotton watercolour page in my DWM art journal. I start by applying Grass, Lime, and Citrus Colour Artist Ink to the page using a painting with plastic technique (apply each colour separately and dry in between), then add splatters. 
 
 
 Then I added some stamping using the Making Your Mark stamp set from the Untangle collection.
 
 
 Next I've added some stencilling using the Starry Night stencil (from the Grateful Heart collection) and Dusty Charcoal Colour Paste


Here is my finished page.
 

  
 I've added various circle shapes cut from the gel prints as well as words cut from paper in the Untangle collection. I've drawn around the edge of the page, the circles and the words using a fine black Life Of Colour pen.
 


 
Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx


No comments: