Thursday, April 8, 2021

Moodboard Art Journalling - With Scrapping Clearly!

  Hi Lovelies!

Today I have an art journal page that I created using lots of fun products available at Scrapping Clearly!  
 
    
 I'm playing along with the April moodboard challenge. We would love for you to join in with this challenge and be in the running to win a Scrapping Clearly store voucher. You have until April 30th and you need to upload your challenge here.
 

These pages are created on a calico fabric page in my 8x10 Dina Wakley Media Journal. I've looked at this fabric page for some time now but been hesitant to use it because the fabric can be more challenging to use than cotton watercolour (my favourite surface). But once you get into using it and just go with the flow it was a lot of fun :)
 
 I started by applying clear gesso to the page (the gesso will stop the paint/ink bleeding through the fabric) then added some Distress Oxide reinkers in colours that coordinated with the moodboard - I used Cracked Pistachio, fossilised amber, and worn lipstick.

   
Next I sponged these same inks through an Art By Marlene stencil to add more interest to the background.
 
 
 Then I added  Art Extravagance Old Silver Icing Paste through another background stencil - these pastes are divine!


Lately I added background stamping.

  
To complete the page I added a photo I found on Pinterest, I matted it on some Heidi Swapp Color Magic Notes that I added the same colour Distress Oxides too, and a tag from a Heidi Swapp Embellishment kit. Lastly I added some white gauze, white diecuts,  Tim Holtz Idea-ology Snarky quotes and Tim Holtz Transparent Wings.
 
 Here is my completed page.
 
  
 Here are some close-ups of the page.
 
 


 
 Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Crafty Hugs xx


No comments: